The Model European Parliament Mediterranean Region Programme is a non-partisan leadership programme for youth in Mediterranean countries. The aim of the MED MEP Region programme is to develop interest and skills in addressing high level international issues jointly among high-school students.
• Build relationships among the youth in the Mediterranean Region
• Provide an educational experience which brings together young people to discuss current Mediterranean topics in a parliamentary setting.
• Give an insight into everyone’s potential to affect society’s development, both nationally and internationally
• Develop debating skills in large international forums
• Raise political awareness and an understanding of Europe’s cultural identity and diversity.
• Educate young people about European integration and cooperation
The working language during MED MEP is English. Six students are chosen to represent each member country. Together, they comprise a delegation. Each delegate represents their native country in a committee, which discuss Mediterranean issues. Each committee has their own specified issue to discuss. The committee members’ common goal is to draft a resolution they all support and can defend in the General Assembly. The resolution from each committee provides suggestions and solutions to issues of the EU. It is then presented, at the General Assembly of the MEP and the delegates of all countries vote for or against it.
If you still want to know more, you can visit the website of MEP Europe